Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Wednesday Wisdom

(ha)

Sentences that have been uttered in this house in the past week:

Me: There's no need to stab the jam.

B, lying around sick as a dog: Don't say I have no energy. I have a lot of energy. I am keeping it a secret, how much energy I have. I just don't feel like spending any of it.

A, in response to a request to "dial down" the energy: Umm. I'd like to, but I think my dial is broken.

A, who is on a roll this week: I'm sort of in bed. I'm just lying on the floor knocking on the wall first.

*******

And ...

Can someone please tell me when the tears are going to stop? I have finally learned not to say "There's nothing to cry about" as she's gulping for air through the deluge, but that doesn't make it any less baffling that not being able to find the apple sauce is something to give right up on life over.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was curious about which one was emotional. You let it slip in this post. How are ya'll navigating junior high? My 7th grader has lost her mind. Any advice? valerie

Kay said...

hormones do kick in early. My daughter has had PMS for years. Before the actual MS set in.

Flicka said...

I was going to say--sounds like hormones to me. Looks like some other wise folks beat me to the punch. Poor kid.

Kassi said...

Can 9yo boys suffer from PSM too ? Cos after reading the above comments I can't think of any other reason why not finding matching white socks is a cause for tears ...