Thursday, September 27, 2007

Thirteen Things That Are Keeping Me Awake At Night

1. Will I be late to meet Angela Hunt's plane tomorrow?

2. Will I drop the cake I bought for the book launch?

3. Will I manage to introduce Author #1 and Author #2 without resorting to my usual mix of self-deprecation and laughing at my own lame jokes?

4. Will I be able to introduce Angela Hunt to the conference attendees without sounding like some sort of crazed groupie and/or resorting to my usual entertaining-to-my-self-only mix of self-deprecation and making a huge joke out of the fact that I have NOTHING PREPARED even though I've known about this for DAYS?

5. Will I drop the cake?

6. Will anyone else drop the cake?

7. Heavens to murgatroyds, will they LIKE the cake? It's not what they ordered ...

8. Will I forget how to speak English when it comes time for the Bible reading at the General Meeting?

9. Will I remember to bring my Bible, or will I have to borrow a Bible to read the Scripture I did SO choose prayerfully ahead of time?

10. Will I be able to look Angela Hunt in the eye and admit my book is Nowhere Near Finished?

11. Will I be able to interact with Angela in any manner that will not make me look like I had an unfortunate cranial injury in my formative years?

12. Will I get nervous enough to actually throw up at any point, or will I just have a stomachache all weekend?

13. Also, I'm a bit stressed about the cake. Pray for the cake.

12 comments:

pamero said...

Oh man. Having made/transported 3 cakes in the last three weeks, i know your fear. Let me tell you, if I lived there, I would have made you a cake, delivered it,and carried it right to the assigned table.
Good Luck!

Flicka said...

Relax, you're worse than you think! That quote courtesy of Jack Miller, who really knew a thing or two about it all.

But maybe it would be better if I quoted Julian of Norwich back to you: "All will be well, and all will be well, and all manner of things shall be well." Helped me!

I'll be praying for the cake but also for you.

Heather said...

I have seen you interact with all manner of people and never break a sweat. You will be fine. And so will the cake.

Have fun!

Michele said...

i will pray that you can have your cake and eat it, too.

Angela said...

Would you like ME to bring a cake? One less thing for you to worry about. :-)

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Hugs,
Angie

Kay said...

God bless the cake!
Bless Susan.
Bless Angela.
Blessings on every word that comes out of Susan's mouth.
Bless her stomach.
Amen

LC said...

Mmm, God says He gives strength in our weakness... the problem is, we feel the weakness and others see His strength. If all what you are feeling is any indication, you will be awesome this weekend... only, sorry, you likely won't feel very awesome. Will you believe me, if I tell you?

hugs

Megan DiMaria said...

Just smile and have fun, Susan. Enjoy the conference.

A prisoner of hope,
Megan

PS: You need to join ACFW (www.acfw.com,)and plan on attending the 9/08 conference in Minneapolis--Angela Hunt will be our keynote speaker.

:)

Trish said...

You will do wonderfully! Just remember that no matter what happens, if the cake jumps right off the table onto the floor, if no one likes it, or if you should trip and fling the cake right into her face...

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." Romans 8:28

Everything will be fine! Love ya!

Kassi said...

Couldn't you take a platter of carrot sticks and cottage cheese INSTEAD of a cake ? Then it won't matter if you drop them, cos you can just wash them off and pile them back up ;) (or is it just my son who does that and doesn't tell anyone til much later ?)

ccap said...

So, did everything work out okay with the cake?

VAIL said...

Wow, meeting Angela Hunt. I'm in awe . . . .
Hope all went well!