Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday Smorgasbord

1) Anonymous, it won't work. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, on my last post I got an anonymous comment saying something about needing therapy, signed "Guess Who." So I went a little nuts guessing and the next comment was signed "In Therapy" and then I realized what a fun hobby it would be, to go around leaving anonymous comments on people's blogs, making the authors ask all their friends if they were In Therapy ...

2) Floated down the river today - great fun. Would have been a bit more fun if the short people had been tolerating each other, but they're cute, so we'll keep them. We had a canoe and a rubber dinghy, tied together - loads of fun. And there are approximately 8 million baby ducks being raised on the river ...and man can they speed up if you get too close!

3) You know how when you're looking for someone to babysit your kids on a regular basis, what you really want is someone who appreciates them as much as you do? And maybe sometimes you think "Wait, I'm trying to hire ...myself."

It's a much more difficult realization when you have that realization about your mother, who is in a nursing home 1000 miles away, requiring care that you are not physically capable of giving. She's been so miraculously content where she is that this recent turn of events is both surprising and disheartening. Pray for her, please, those of you that pray, and pray for wisdom for the rest of us. She's personally asking God if she could please just come home now.

5 comments:

Kay said...

Prayers said, Susan, for your mom and for you.
Do you have siblings?

ccap said...

I don't even know what to say to that last point. I've been staring at the screen for awhile now wondering if there's anything I CAN say. I will pray.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your mother. That must be terribly difficult. May God give you wisdom. Valerie

violet said...

Awww. I'll pray too.

Flicka said...

I will definitely pray. What a heartbreak.