Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Perhaps we need to clarify that one

Sunday School windup Sunday morning. Our pastor asked the children to tell everyone something they had learned in Sunday School over the past year. I was interested to hear what one small four year old girl would have to say, because she's in the class I teach.

Small Girl: I learned a song that I always forget but it's something about how you shouldn't march in trees. I don't know what kind of tree though.

Pastor: You shouldn't march in trees.

Small Girl: Because it's dangerous.

And then I figured it out.

"I may never march in the infantry" ...

6 comments:

ccap said...

Cute!

Kay said...

ha ha ha ha!
I (when I was very little) mentioned something to my mom about baby Jesus wetting the bed. When she questioned me I referred to the song that clearly says, "Sleep in Heavenly pee."

Flicka said...

HA! I laughed right out loud over this one. Especially since I remember swigning my arms vigorously as I sung this in VBS each year. Oh, those were the days.

Slow'n'Steady said...

definitely a readers digest submission in there...

VAIL said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
VAIL said...

That is too cute!
One Christmas when my son was about four he asked me "what is the third king the king of?" I had no clue what he was talking about. I asked him "Well, what are the first two kings the kings of?"
He replied "Oil and Tar".

We Three Kings of Orient Are . . . .