Saturday, May 05, 2007

Time's fun when you're having flies

Today I dropped my daughter and her friend off at the Mall, to go shopping on their own for an hour and a half. And they didn't even look too young to be going off their own like that.

Today TechnoDad took B shopping with his birthday money, and there's been this huge man-child in roller blades thundering around our neighbourhood all afternoon, looking like he knows what he's doing, and sharing with his sister and all that nonsense.

Tonight the two of them hung out downstairs watching a movie and building forts and treating each other with respect and kindness all evening long while I did the dishes, etc.

I'm going to look at baby pictures now.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I had few similar moments this weekend:
- watching Nikki riding my bike without even stretching her legs
- lending Nikki my running shoes when she wanted to play soccer at Marcel's parents
- listening to Julie teach me soccer rules while we watched Nikki play
- watching Nikki and her sleepover friends act mature enough to allow Julie into their circle all night long without being mean to her.

Sigh. Where did our babies go?

darien said...

we treated each other with love and respect too....as long as mom was in the kitchen doing the dishes!

(I'd like to say I was kidding...but at least I know that there is a high probability that it is QUITE different at your house!)