Friday, May 25, 2007

Micheal Card is a genius

Listening to "Come to the Cradle" because A loaded it onto my mp3 player - it's been a fair while since my kids were babies, but this song made me want to stand up and shout "Amen!" And I'm a Baptist.

Nathan's Song

Welcome now little stranger
to a world filled with wonder
filled full of the fragrance of
life's sweet bouquet
but dear one, take warning
that birth's a like a morning
to a lifetime that flies past
like one single day

soak up like sponge all that's joyful and best
and squeeze yourself out upon those who are blessed
A God-given gift has been wrapped up in you
You show more of Him than I'll ever teach you.

etc ...

2 comments:

Kay said...

I love MC. He was the inspiration for my novel. Spirit of the Age.

violet said...

MC has sure written some great songs!