Saturday, March 03, 2007

Checklist for the other part-time job

1. Hire a housekeeper to come once a week* so you can write. CHECK

2. Set up a home office somewhere in your house. Bedroom - not ideal, but it has a closable door. CHECK

3. Pick stuff to write. CHECK CHECK CHECK

4. Get on with it. Right after I drop A off at her sleepover, walk the dog and make supper.


*she'll be here for the kids after school and do some cleaning, etc, and then cook supper, while I lock myself in the bedroom. Mondays, I hope. If she gets a job, I'm back to having to get up at 6 to write. Stop laughing. I could do it. Once a year, or so.

2 comments:

Kay said...

You go girl!
Stick by stick!
by the way, my 11 year old dd says there's nothing funny about dead porcupines. whatever.

Slow'n'Steady said...

"You can do anything for 15 minutes" - flylady

from the neighbor you rarely see who needs her own housekeeper and dog sitter and organizational wizard for son because she simply doesn't have 15 minutes but really enjoyed her weekend in banff